Monday, June 24, 2013

Why so serious?

I'm dating a guy that is everything but ordinary. He is cool as hell and also the most entertaining person I have ever met. Our thing is by far the most easy-going and funniest relationship-like thing that I have been in. We are having a ridiculously good time.

Our connection is something really unique, and so is our time together. We don't do normal stuff or act as couples do. We don't kiss as we meet but we give a high five. We don't eat romantic dinners in candle light, but we do acrobatic tricks and end up lounging on the floor bruised. We don't argue but we throw water on each other while we're pissed and just laugh the thing off. We don't discuss our emotions but we do freestyle rap verses about each other.

Having a thing like this is at the same time the most awesome thing in the world and the most tormenting. Because we're never serious. 

He doesn't tell me he likes me, but he tells me I'm "the boss" or calls me the Mother of Dragons from Game of Thrones because of my gentle heart and my ability to rule the world. He doesn't tell me he misses me but he sends me links to a Google search made by the term "You're the best" in the middle of the night. He doesn't tell me he wants to be with me but he tells me he will painfully murder every man that is trying to approach me. 

We discuss our future and past - our teenage rages, our obsessions, our wedding speeches, and our upcoming twin baby boys - but never about the present. 

And it has started to tear me apart. I need words. I need to be assured that behind the humorous behavior there's actually a man that cares about me. What if this is nothing but a big joke?


Post by Sally

No comments:

Post a Comment